The Visual Strategy & Design Department is where the research strategy comes to life, graphically, at Brado. We currently have an opening for a graphic designer with 3-5 years experience who has data presentation expertise – the ability to package and express research findings (words and statistics, charts, graphs, and pictures) in a way that is visually inspiring and undeniably clear to the viewer. A Brado designer produces beautiful data-centric PowerPoint presentations, workshop dimensionals that inspire, motion graphics that bring ideas to life. The ideal candidate is a thinker who is inspired by information. If you deeply admire a well-designed infographic…if you are able to create a simple graphic that tells a complex story…if you appreciate a well-applied metaphor in its ability to make a memorable impact…if turning content into a graphically rich and cohesive “page-turner” excites you…you may be the right fit for Brado.
This individual is a rare breed among designers – they have an eye for detail and a strong “technical side,” and as such, a strong appreciation for and affinity to produce the visualization of data. They also have the technical ability to produce work in print and digital media with an expert level of proficiency. They are a self-starter who efficiently produces results with minimal direction. They are content to design as well as produce work and take pride and satisfaction in the both the creative and production aspects of the work. They may have some experience in video editing, and interest in furthering this skill.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with employees at all levels. They are self-motivated and self-directed, a team player, and have a desire and willingness to learn and grow. This position reports to the Associate Director, Visual Strategy & Design, who is based in Chicago. With the Visual Strategy & Design Team spread across the Chicago and St. Louis offices, the candidate may live in either the Chicago or St. Louis Metropolitan area.
• PowerPoint, Adobe CS, MS Excel and Word, and ideally, video editing programs
• Produce graphics for print and digital media in PowerPoint, with focus on manipulating data for charting and graphics
• Interest in analysis, and strong comfort level with numbers and data.
• Creative problem-solving / design thinking
• Project management and organization
• Managing details
• Written and verbal communication
• Creation of icons as graphic devices
• Video editing capability is desirable
• Project Deliverable Development and Creation: Working with Creative Strategists and under the direction of the Associate Director, VS&D, produce high quality deliverables in PowerPoint, such as reports, proposals, posters, handouts, workshop items, etc.
• Data Charting: Graphically chart market research data (typically from Excel to PowerPoint). Develop and incorporate visual enhancements (icons, etc.) as needed.
• Document Quality Control: Check work for accuracy, consistency of formatting, and layout.
• Time Management: Maintain schedule along with manager and teammates, and manage own schedule per project timelines and deadlines
• Opportunities: VS&D designers provide creative support across all of Brado, and as such, creative opportunities exist on client projects as well as for Brado, such as promotional, internal communications, etc. These might include creation of materials in print, digital media/video or otherwise.
• AA or Trade School certificate in Graphic Design, at a minimum. BA/BFA preferred.
• 3-5 years design experience (in a research firm , ad agency or corporate creative department or the like)
• Design portfolio with examples of data visualization in PowerPoint, and strong design skills
If you fit this job description please visit brado.net/careers and tell us a bit about yourself.
Applications without portfolio link and résumé will not be considered.