Who We Are
Brado’s Activate team focuses on delivering results for our client’s marketing objectives. We assist brands around the world to discover their audiences, enhance their marketing platforms, and minimize waste.
What separates our Activate team from other marketing agencies, is our devotion to data – data of all types, with a particular focus on leveraging digitally sourced data. Data delivers nearly immediate insight into the target’s needs, when they engage, where they engage, and how much return our clients can yield from marketing investments. We take pride in the fact that we’ve figured out the secret sauce to getting the job done better because we are able to anticipate our customer’s desired outcomes.
As the Director of Data Science, your primary focus will be on applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our service offerings.
You are responsible for leading a small team of dedicated data scientists who identify ways to leverage digital data to gain insight into a client’s market opportunities, marketing strategies and tactics, target identification, and setting content priorities/performance – driving business results through data-based insights.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely with clients and internal teams to define goals and develop digital campaign strategies and media plans and manage expectations to meet/exceed objectives. Participate in regular client meetings and lead data-focused client presentations.
- Review the data strategy. Use data to inform decisions on strategic directions and plans. Coach/guide our data team re: objectives, approach, and discovery.
- Effective communication of data / analytic capabilities, learnings, and opportunities. Ability to convey the data “story” in a clear, compelling, visual manner.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. Apply predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Identify new industry offerings – data sources, data gathering tools, analytic models, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in multi-faceted digital marketing, with emphasis on data analytics
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics. Masters valued but not required.
- Data Science Expertise: NLP, machine learning and AI, ROI/Financial models, and analytic applications (time series/forecasting, linear optimization programming, customer LTV analysis, prospect/lead scoring models, A/B testing, probability models, etc).
Experience with neural networks, adversarial, supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning, etc. is an asset.
- You need to be strong with Python.
- Data Engineering experience: database knowledge (SQL and NoSQL, data warehousing solutions, ETL tools (extract, transform, load), data APIs, and knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (D3.js, GGplot, Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to identify and implement data automating processes (report automation, excel task automation).
- Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a team champion.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally within an organization.
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing; track record in identifying and building a compelling, focused story based on data and analysis.