The Editorial internship is a paid, eight-week internship beginning on Tuesday, June 8th and ending on Friday, July 30th.
We are seeking an organized and motivated college student to join our editorial team as an Editorial Intern this summer. They will shadow our team of editors to learn how we create, edit, and design data-driven content marketing deliverables. Our editorial intern will:
- Meet weekly with their mentor to hone new skills and develop their professional outlook.
- Gain hands-on writing and editing experience.
- Learn how to integrate keyword research into topic ideation and article creation.
- Have the opportunity to leave their internship with a published 750- to 900-word clip complete with original graphics designed by our in-house design team.
- Move on to the next stage of their career with tangible skills and impactful relationships.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Proofing articles, graphics, and internal documents
- Writing earned media introductions
- Writing title tags, meta descriptions, tweets, open graph titles, and open graph descriptions
- Researching and connecting with contract writers for current and prospective clients
- Ideating short- and long-form article topics
- Writing an article and design notes for one of our long-standing clients in the health and wellness space
- Excellent written and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to proofread and key attention to detail
- Researching and ideating copy
- Working towards a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Journalism or Communication
- Passion for modern marketing – you can’t get enough of the trends, technology, and emerging best practices
- Detail-oriented/attentive/good listener
- Organized/ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Self-starter – knows how and when to engage others to accomplish tasks
- Proactive/takes initiative/problem solver
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-changing environment
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment, works with urgency
- Quick study/adaptive/flexible
- Demonstrated curiosity and desire to learn
- Tech savvy
- Team player, but willing to tackle a task solo
- Punctual and efficient, excellent time management skills
- Bold enough to ask questions
- No job too small but willing to offer perspective for larger strategic conversations
- Demonstrates confidence and conviction