The Manager of Data Science leads our data science team members in collecting, transforming, analyzing, modeling, interpreting and visualizing data to provide insight and drive better outcomes for Brado clients. They provide strategic guidance and overall direction for analytical efforts. They determine appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and staffing. They enjoy leading teams and know how to delegate to grow new capabilities and strengthen existing capabilities that drive progress and performance of business objectives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership in descriptive and predictive analytics, machine learning and AI.
- Facilitate continued assessment and improvement of the technology stack that support the team’s excellence from a cost/benefit standpoint.
- Support making the best data science platform/tech stack decisions.
- Facilitate creation, continued assessment, and improvement of Brado’s current product and solution SOPs (standard operating procedures) to support scaled growth and team onboarding as it relates to our data science offerings.
- Communicate effectively with executives and line-of-business end-users to discover pain points and use cases, lead project definitions, and convey the business value of the project.
- Manages Direct Reports, while embodying Brado’s “In Service to Others” manager best practices, specifically the key tenets of Accessibility, Empowerment & Developing others.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Support our diverse data science team and maintain an inclusive environment.
- Mentor team members and provide opportunity for team to maintain their current skills and develop new ones both in and out of their current domains.
Qualifications & Additional Basic Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with Big Data
- 3+ years of experience working in cloud data platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- 3+ years of experience working with AI, ML and NLP concepts
- Expertise in data science languages and frameworks such as SQL, Python, R, Julia, Scala
- Experience vetting/selecting technologies, platforms, vendors, etc.
- Experience educating and creating buy-in from internal teams on Data Science solutions and concepts
- Experience managing and leading teams
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Aligns with our values: People, Commitment, Aspiration, Trustworthiness & Impact
- Demonstrates these Brado-specific hard & soft skills: Agile, Bold, Innovative, Curious, Empathetic, Teamwork, Self-starter, Verbal & Written Communication, Creative Thinking