Chicago or St. Louis area or remote
Who We Are
Activate is the group within Brado that focuses on delivering results for our clients’ marketing objectives. We assist brands around the world to discover their audiences, enhance their marketing platforms, and minimize waste.
What separates our Activate team from other marketing agencies, is our devotion to data – data of all types, with a particular focus on leveraging digitally-sourced data. Data delivers nearly immediate insight into the target’s needs, when they engage, where they engage and how much return our clients can yield from marketing investments. We take pride in the fact that we’ve figured out the secret sauce to getting the job done better, because we are able to anticipate our customer’s desired outcomes.
The SEO specialist is responsible for creating full-scale SEO campaigns under close direction of their manager. With a focus on organic success, they manage all SEO activities such as identifying and helping to resolve technical and performance issues, developing content strategy based on keyword research and identified content gaps, and assisting with on-site optimization.
A specialist typically takes on a limited number of projects and growth clients, and they rely on their manager to help prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Managing all facets of the SEO campaign
- Using Google Search Console and Google Analytics to identify areas of opportunity
- Presenting insights and opportunities to the client
- On-site optimization and testing to help lift rankings and organic traffic
- Writing page titles and meta descriptions
- Writing schema markup
- Performing keyword research
- Researching industry trends
- Using third-party SEO tools
Qualifications & Additional Basic Responsibilities
- Aligns with our values: People, Commitment, Aspiration, Trustworthiness & Impact
- Demonstrates these Brado-wide hard & soft skills: Agile, Bold, Innovative, Curious, Empathetic, Teamwork, Self-starter, Verbal & Written Communication, Creative Thinking
- Compliance in time-tracking
- Demonstrates these role-specific hard & soft skills: Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and semantic markup;
- Ability to perform keyword research
- Ability to make recommendations for on-site optimization
- Basic knowledge of Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiar with third-party SEO tools such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, and Screaming Frog
- Strong presentation skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong desire to learn new facets of SEO
- Bachelor’s Degree – computer science or business preferred
- 1+ years of experience in SEO