We’re looking for a Strategist with experience in B2B marketing, preferably healthcare, to join our growing Strategic Planning team. You’ll be a key member of the team – helping to enhance our strategic competencies and lead client accounts.
As a Strategic Planning VP, you will quarterback an insight-driven approach by achieving and translating audience insight into highly targeted, personalized brand experiences. In this role, you’ll collaborate with insight and data specialists to expand the collective understanding of the audience, including Ideal Customer Profile development and Buyer Personas, while channeling that empathy into strategic foundations and direction for the activation teams.
This role requires skills in defining problems and extracting insights that promote ongoing cross-functional strategic alignment.
Strategists work in partnership and individually to represent Brado. They are self-motivated, needing little supervision. Everything they do embodies Brado’s core purpose of “inspiring the ideas and relationships that transform lives” and differentiating Brado from marketing firms and consultants. Our Strategists are exceptional in engaging people, internally and with clients. They are gifted strategic thinkers and clear, concise and compelling writers and story-tellers. They can inspire an audience through thought-provoking, provocative language (no filler, no marketing jargon).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Shape and/or lead primary research, developing a point-of-view on the audience through a variety of data sources – qual and quant, behavioral data, cultural fuel, and secondary research.
- Develop strategic foundation assets, including brand positioning and communication architecture, to guide broader teams to develop creative, content, and media strategy.
- Transform client assignments into insightful, distilled creative briefs, remaining an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
- Contribute to development of precision targeted/personalized digital engagement and content strategies, in partnership with media and content planners.
- Work alongside the Data & Analytics team to assess the performance of client campaigns and consult with the broader team on optimization opportunities.
- Proactively engage with existing clients to analyze market trends and identify new opportunities and challenges.
Qualifications & Additional Basic Responsibilities
- 15+ years of experience in a marketing strategy or account planning position within an agency
- Successful storyteller who sets up and leads the narrative for clients, from new business to current clients
- Ability to leverage insight (secondary, primary qual, cultural trends, etc.), and lead client collaborations and ideation sessions
- Can translate strategic foundations into actionable brand strategies, digital engagement, and content opportunities
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences
- Aligns with our values: People, Commitment, Aspiration, Trustworthiness & Impact
- Demonstrates these Brado-specific hard & soft skills: Agile, Bold, Innovative, Curious, Empathetic, Teamwork, Self-starter, Verbal & Written Communication, Creative Thinking
- Demonstrates these role-specific hard & soft skills:
- Leadership qualities – can lead internally and externally and serve as a trusted strategic advisor.
- Solid understanding of the data and analytics behind a digital strategy, with the ability to draw conclusions and provide strategic recommendations based on insights.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills; able to translate complex ideas into simple stories.
- Research design and facilitation